Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Part Deux

I have decided to start blogging again. I need to not feel like I have to write a novel for every entry. So I am gonna try and keep them short and sweet. So for my first entry I am going to post the lyrics to a song I wrote called "Empty Shell". I really like the lyrics but I don't like the music. So if there are any song writers out there, maybe a little help?

"Empty Shell"

I clasp your hands as you grasp my head, soft against your core
I hear your heart against your ribs, like knocking on a door
The rhythmic push, through your veins, from your bottom to your top
And I can’t conceive the ache I’d feel if I ever heard it stop.

You pull away from me, as your gaze gently holds my eye
“Is something wrong my love?” you quiz framed around a sigh

Its just the way I feel against your heart
it pumps for me as well
and without it’s tone against my mind
I’m just an empty shell

It’s not that I am weak or that I can’t stand on my own
I’ve fought through a lot of shit all the while I was all alone
It’s just that now that I have you I just don’t want to fight alone.
I’ve heard the beating sound of you life and now, now I know

(2x)
I know the way I feel against your heart
it pumps for me as well
and without it’s tone against my mind
I’m just an empty shell

I need you, you fill me up you make my frame work turn
You see me, and watch me beg I need more love to burn
You look at me as I say these words, I’m hollow like an empty tube
The tragic part my love is I’m empty cause of you

No comments: