Thursday, May 29, 2008

Quote of the Day


Today's quote is from one of the books I am reading right now. It is called "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold. It is a really good novel. It is REALLY heavy. Like every time I open it I wanna cry...for real. But it is written so well (unlike this blog sometimes, so if you need to bring your IQ back up after reading this go read it. haha) and I really enjoy it. The following quote is a mantra that helped the central family keep their sanity while they continued to hope Susie, their missing daughter, would come home. I really like this because at it's core it teaches to not become attached to anything, whether it be objects, people, or situations because that it what all sadness stems from. This concept is something I have been trying to grasp and I think I am getting a little better at it. This quote is certainly something that I will think about frequently.

“Nothing
is ever certain.”

1 comment:

Allie said...

Guess what! I tagged you. See my blog for details.