Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Quote of the Day


Tonight I watched Strictly Ballroom for the first time! I know weird right? It seems like a movie that I would love and quote and obsess over. It is a good movie. Very funny and the art direction was cool. You could tell that they didn't have a very big budget though. All things considered though, very good. I was a fan. The whole time I was watching it I could tell that Baz Lurman was trying to make Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge, but he didn't have the story/budget. Every once in a while there would be a moment or shot that shined with artistic potential. You can tell the Moulin Rouge was the film that he always wanted to make. Anywho the quote of the day today is from his first attempt at epic film making.

"A life lived in fear is a life half lived."



No comments: