Saturday, July 5, 2008

Song of the Day...


Today the amazing song of the day is "Bartender" by Regina Spektor. I used to have her CD "Begin To Hope" on my i-pod but it was stolen so I lost it. I kind of forgot about it until I started talking about Regina with my friend Dusty one night. In the wake of that conversation I went to my replacement i-pod to see if I had anything from her and...da da daaaaa I had nothing! It was totally a crime to my musical world. SO I went home and downloaded both her mainstream CDs. I got the shiny Bonus Edition of "Begin To Hope" which I did not have before. Anywho, moral of the story, it had new songs on it that I am infatuated with...and one of those happens to be "Bartender". So go download it cause it is beautiful. "Hero" is amazing too.

Here are the lyrics:

Come on bartender
Won't you be more tender
Give me two shots of whiskey
And a beer chaser
Love will be the death of me
Love is so fickle
Cause it starts with a flood
And it ends with a tr-tr-tr-tr-tr-tr-tr-tr-trtrickle

Come on bartender
Just a little more tender
I ate all your peanuts
Return me to sender
I've been too candid
Now I'm barely standing
Just call me a taxi
And prepare me for landing

Ooh, you have got to kick me back out
Into the cold and nasty weather
And maybe if i sober up
I will stop pretending that love is forever
Love is forever
Come on bartender(x3)
(x2)

Love will be the death of me
Love will be the death of me
Love will be the death of me
Love is so fickle
Cause it starts with a flood
And it ends with a tr tr tr tr tr tr tr tr tr tr trickle
Trickle
Trickle
Trickle
Trickle
Trickle
Come on bartender
Come on bartender
Come on bartender

2 comments:

I'm Andrea said...

Hey! Thanks for the shout out! Honestly I'm very flattered. I need to stop being such a slacker and actually start posting again. But oh summer...the days just sort of fly by. Anyways...love your blog and I will definitly be back on a regular basis. Thanks again.

Allie said...

Okay, okay, okay. I was listening to this very song a couple days ago and I realized how great it is that she sings it like she's actually drunk at the bar. Then, this whole music video scene happened in my head and then it hit me: Regina Spektor should write a MUSICAL! Yeah? Anyway, I think we should write her a letter or something and slip that thought into her brilliant brain... Or something.