Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Song of the Day...


I'm sorry for the lack of posts as of late. I seem to come down with a nasty case of writers block. But I think, with rest, I am getting over it. Anywho. Todays song of the day is from the AMAZING (notice the larger, bolder, italicized font. She's that good.) Imogen Heap. This woman rocks my world. Ya know what. I think it is time for a list:


Why Is Imogen Heap Amazing?:

  1. She sings, plays all the instruments & produces all of her music herself from her house.
  2. She wears things like this on a regular basis.
  3. Her lyrics make me cry. (this tough exterior is like area 51. It is tough to make me crack)
  4. She has a British accent.
  5. She has a video blog that she also produces from her house.
  6. She is the only one on stage at her concerts, where she sings, plays all the instruments and does things on her apple all at the same time.
I love her. I have seen her live and she sounds EXACTLY the same as she does on her CD. She is so facinating to me and I wish we were best friends. Now for the song of the day I could choose any of her songs and they would all be easily as awesome as the next. But tonight I chose one of my favorites called "The Moment I Said It". It is from "Speak For Yourself" and it is the last track on the album. For some reason this song gets to me. It is so well written and layered. She has people fighting in the background of the bridge (see if you can hear it) and my favorite part is the way she says the smashes. You'll here it in the playlist I am posting below. So enjoy the amazingness for me. (Scroll down to the bottom right hand side of my blog to pause the music that's already playing)

P.S. I am also gonna post a video of her doing a song called "Just For Now". She calls it the "accapella" version, I call it the awesome version.





"The Moment I Said It"

The moment I said it
The moment I opened my mouth
Led in your eyelids
Bulldozed the life out of me
I know what you're thinking
But darling, you're not thinking straight
Sadly things just happen we can't explain

It's not even light out,
But you've somewhere to be - no hesitation
No, I've never seen you like this
And I dont like it, I dont like it, I dont like it at all

Just put back the car keys
Or somebody's gonna get hurt
Who are you calling at this hour?
Sit down, come round, I need you now
We'll work it all out together
We're getting nowhere tonight
Now sleep, I promise it'll all seem better somehow
In time

It's not even light out
Suddenly, you've somewhere to be
No hesitation
Mmm...I've never seen you like this
You're scaring me, You're scaring me
You're scaring me to death

Don't...oh, smash...please
Don't...oh...and another one
Don't...oh...and another one

I'm losing you...I'm losing you

Trust me on this one
I've got a bad feeling
Trust me on this one
You're going to throw it all away
With no hesitation

"Just For Now"

4 comments:

choley said...

ok.....here is my blog address...

http://chasing--butterflies.blogspot.com/

love choley

Casey Editor-in-Chief said...

I want to see Imogen live in the worst way!

Allie said...

Alright. I have to give you huge thanks for telling me about her video blog. I love her!

Sarah Smiles said...

pure amazingness =)