Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Smart?



Lately at work, as I walk the thousand miles through the parking lot from my car to the cast building, I have been noticing a weird trend. In the past week, I have seen four "Smart Cars" sitting in parking spaces.

First of all...It is my understanding that theses little creatures cost a whole lotta moola. Like on the CEO level not the "I work at a theme park" level. Which is the first reason I was confused to be running into so many of them in the lot at the Hollywood studios.

Secondly, I understand that they are tiny so they take up less gas/parking space ect. I get that. But how safe can it be? I mean really. They are so wittle. What happens when you get into a tussle with a Hummer? It can't be pretty. It just doesn't seem logical to me! I don't even think I could fit in one! If you know me personally you know I am a pretty big guy, but even the average person might have problems getting into one of these babies. I took a picture next to one so you can see the comparison:
















After looking at this picture I dunno if you get the full extent of how little these cars are. So I made a chart comparing the smart car to every day objects:



























As you can see the smart car has no chance against Godzilla. It is about the size of his back toe thing. As far as King Kong goes, well it might fair a little better but still lets be real, it's King Kong and you are driving a match box car. Now I know this is a little far fetched because Godzilla only attacks like once every ten years but still. Look what happened to all the smart cars last time he did...














*note: I actually think this is a picture from an earthquake in San Fransisco but you get the gist.

4 comments:

tracy said...

You make me laugh!

JULIE said...

thanks for the chart. it was very informational to know just how big godzilla is, comparatively.

ps my neighbors have an orange one and my dad got stuck in it for like eleven minutes.

JayeeFrae said...

maybe we could become business partners and make like a lanky edition, for those of us who are a bit more on the leggy side...

Hilary said...

bry, i know we're not that close but...i love everything about your blog. that's all. :)