Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I Love the Lovato...


If you read my blog or know ANYTHING about my life you know I am a fan of High School Musical. For many reasons:

  1. Job Security
  2. Catchy Music
  3. Attractive Young Adults
So naturally when I heard the concept of Camp Rock I was extremely opposed to the idea. High School Musical is supposed to be the only Disney Channel Musical. Stop being a copy cat Jonas Brothers! When it premiered on the Disney Channel I watched it (for research purposes) and was happy to see that it was awful.

One good thing came from Camp Rock for me though. A little gem named Demi Lovato. She is the ingenue in the "film" (I use that term loosely) and she wasn't that amazing in it. But what do you expect Disney has crappy scripts.

HOWEVER

I then went onto i tunes and downloaded her single "Get Back" and I was instantly in love. This girl has some pipes and a good producer. If you are a fan of rock-but-more-like-pop-but-we-still-call-it-rock music you will be a fan.

If you turn your attention to your ears you should hear her singing this moment. The reason being that this week or month or however long I decide to keep it up, the music on Myself in Center will be purely Demi.

So enjoy it cause it isn't gonna change anytime soon.

:)

Oh and here is her music video for "Get Back". She is so adorable I love her. And her awesome gloves. My favorite is the little look she gives at 1:20. SO precious

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad i'm not the only one who wasn't particularly enthralled with the release of Camp Rock. However, Demi Lovato has definitely shown that she's more than just a pretty face.

Allie said...

She's got major pipes, that's for sure! I think she is swell, as well. She's like a female Jonas Brothers rolled into a single female body. Ha.