Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Blame Mercury...And Ikea...



So you from the post before this, you know that Mercury is in Retrograde. And I wrote an entire blog about how you shouldn't make any rash decisions or start any new projects during this time period.

Tonight, I foolishly decided to rearrange/clean my room/house.

This was probably the worst I idea I could have had. Why don't I take my own advice?!

Among a slew of other mini disasters, one definitely takes the cake. Here's what happened:

So I decided that the giant, 12 shelf book shelf in our entryway need to be moved to the center of the wall it was against. No one else was available to help me move it over but I figured since it is from Ikea it would be really light because it wasn't real wood. This is the result of me trying to move it by myself:


For anyone who can't tell from the picture the ENTIRE F-ING THING FELL APART! Books everywhere, splintered wood, the whole thing. I was ready to kill those damn Sweads!

So kids remember, don't take on a large project during retrograde.

PS

This took me like an HOUR to post because my computer is running so slow...yet another sign.

3 comments:

CirqueDuSolErin said...

It could have been worse. The whole things could have happened outside.

F mercury.

Allie said...

Haha! This makes me want to install my own IKEA shelves quickly just to see if they'll fall off the wall.

Tracy said...

LOL...first of all you are cleaning, WOW. Second the IKEA stuff is great, but cheap. It always looks great in the store.