Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Monsters


I was looking through some old books from High School (real high school not High School Musical) and I stumbled across a book we made in our creative writing class my senior year.

We called it our "Share Around" book and we filled it with work we had all done throughout the semester. It is a really good book. It is full of really good work by my peers. There is also a lot of pieces that I wrote that I had forgotten about. There is one piece in particular that I really liked called Monsters. I want to share it with you because I think you may enjoy it.

So lemme know what you think.

Monsters
Monsters are a part of our lives from the first day we sleep in our beds

They live under there you know

With their fangs, and teeth, and grizzly fur

Their glowing eyes, raspy breath, and pointed ears
They are so scary

And Huge
It's a wonder they can even fit under there at all
Then we get older
Our beds get bigger

Our monsters get stronger
And they don't need the comfort of our beds anymore
They move into our heads
Where they can scare us under the covers instead

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Interesting.

It's almost as if, when we're younger, we know those monsters are down there, but we're on top and better than them.

However, when we're older, they seem to always be in our heads and we have to curl up in a ball to try and shake them... sometimes, with no avail...

Marcindra LaPriel said...

An absolutely excellent book, I must say.

Anonymous said...

That writing is so very true.