Monday, January 26, 2009

Song of the Day...


So

Years and Years ago a good friend of mine, Allie, showed me this artist named Maria Mena.

She is stellar and I fell in love with here when I first heard her stuff. Then, somehow, I kinda forgot my love for her and her music was lost in the endless shuffle of music on my iPod. Well today, as I was driving home from rehearsals, suddenly her song titled "Sorry" came on.

I was suddenly reminded why I loved her so much. She is so honest and conversational in her writing. It's so simple and direct. This particular song is so heartbreaking. So I encourage you to go look her up in iTunes or your illegal music downloading software cause she acoustically rocks my world.

Thanks Allie, six years later.

"Sorry"

Vague sound of rain
pierces through my song again
but I get distracted by the way his toes move when he plays
so I let it burn

I just poured my heart out
there's bits of it on the floor
And I take what's left of it and rinse it under cold water
And call him up for more

And I say baby, yes I feel stupid to call you, but I'm lonely
And I don't think you meant it when you said you couldn't love me
And I thought maybe if I kissed the way you do, you'd feel it too

He said I'm sorry
so sorry
I'm sorry
so sorry

He grabs my wrists
as my fingers turn into angry fists
and I wisper why can't you love me, I'll change for you
I'll play the part

And I say baby, so I feel stupid to call you, but I'm lonely
And I don't think you meant it when you said you couldn't love me
And I thought maybe if I kissed the way you do, you'd feel it too

He said I'm sorry
so sorry
I'm sorry
I am sorry
[x2]

P.S.

If we are friends on facebook, this is where my status comes from. No, I'm not depressed, its just stuck in my head. Stop stressing out about it and go outside or something.

xoxo?


5 comments:

Allie said...

You are very welcome! I can't believe you remembered that I introduced her to you. Maria is amazing!

Matthew said...

LOVE this song! It's funny, because as I went onto iTunes to purchase it, I saw her slightly more popular song "You're the Only One"... and remembered hearing that on the radio one day while I was driving into work almost 5 years ago!

I'm A said...

Whenever I come to your blog I want to do a little dance around the room because the music is so good.

misc. said...

i fell asleep to that song last night thanks for the blast from the bast bry
ps it makes me feel old
i hate it
but i love you
i just hate feeling old kus im 18 what 18 year old feels old?

TinTin V, said...

I have all of her albums, if you ever want one - let me know. She's AMAZING! :-)