Saturday, March 7, 2009

Put the video camera down...


So I REALLY am not trying to offend anyone with this blog...honestly. But I have to rant about this cause it's been bothering me.

Just a disclaimer.

Ok. I cannot stand when someone decides to propose to their significant other, one of the most intimate and special memories you will have as a couple, and they decide to do it with all their friends and family around watching, video cameras in hand. Does that bother anyone else?!

I get that they want to be able to remember every single second of the event however I don't understand why they would want thirty people hovering around when they do it! And then why would you post it on youtube!?

It drives me Wiles!

That goes for proposing in public places as well. I just don't think you should do it! No sporting events, restaurants, theaters, family dinners and ESPECIALLY not on LIVE TV!

Here is an example of what can happen if you so foolishly choose to do something like this.

*warning, this is so painfully awkward I was squirming in my computer chair when I first watched it.

4 comments:

Mallie Bee said...

Hey! Yeah I saw your blog linked from OMGblog and I really liked your blurbs and writing style so I thought Id follow you :) Thanks for checking out mine and for the kind words!

-Mallory

Lauren Noll said...

AAAAHHHHH!!!! I wanted to die... Are they Mormon? I mean, a COUPLE of MONTHS!!! Maybe he's Mormon and she's not, and she's all like..."Honey, I didn't even know we were exclusive at this point...?"

Devin said...

HAHAHAHA! that video is hilarious and i totally think that at least he has to be mormon for sure why on gods green earth would you ever have a million people there especially with video cameras while you are proposing that is very stupid! you deserve something like that to happen for sure. I personally would want to keep it private and suprise between me and my partner but thats just me.

Casey T. said...

Ha i love that the cohost even shouts "awkward"