Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Am I Annoyed or am I Writers?


Hello my little Ponies in Cyber country.

I have an annoyance to share with all of you...

The song "Human"  by the Killers.

The lyrics make absolutely no sense you guys (Im talking to The Killers right now)

Lets review the lyrics of the chorus:

"Are we human?
Or are we dancer?
My sign is vital
My hands are cold
And I'm on my knees
Looking for the answer
Are we human?
Or are we dancer?"


Firstly....

What?! That doesn't make any sense.

Secondly:

Are you saying that Dancers aren't Human? Cause on the one hand I kind of agree but at the same time RUDE!

Thirdly (is that right?):

Why would you imply that you are using the word "Human" in the plural sense with the word "we" before it and then, in the next line, use the singular form of "Dancer" following the "we"?!

It isn't clever it's annoying!

Thats all.

Love your work Killers just work on your grammar.

xoxo?

2 comments:

TinTin V. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mallie Bee said...

Agreed! I think we should let him get away with these nonsensical lyrics because he wears that feathery shoulder jacket, and its kind of awesome in a Sargent Peppery way.