Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lonely.


I recently downloaded Yael Naim's self titled Album and it is so beautiful, for lack of a better word. 

The words that she writes are so honest and raw. They are words that you listen to her sing and you realize that you have had the exact same thoughts before. So relatable.

I wanted to post the lyrics to one of her pieces called "Lonely".

To me it told the story of watching a person you love, that used to need only you, slowly slip away out of your fingers. Suddenly you aren't the person that they need anymore, and no matter how lonely they feel, you no longer have the power to fill the hole they are feeling.

The music is so sincere and melancholy I just melt into it. 

Just Read it. 

If you want to listen to it while you read it is on the playlist to the right. 


You are not alone
I am here with you
Even when you're scared
I'll never leave you
Standing in a storm

Making it insane
Once again, I would try
To enchain you
But you open your eyes to the sky
and whisper

That you are so lonely
You are so alone
You're so alone
You're so lonely, so lonely

So I'm colouring my face
While I am here with you
Imagining the landscapes of your sorrow
Is it yellow or blue?

Colouring the sky and the trees
and the clouds and the moonlight
I'd coloured your heart
If you didn't
I did

Now you are so lonely
You are so alone
You're so alone
You're so lonely, so lonely
You are so alone
You're so
You're so lonely, so lonely

And I wish you could just find home
Mmm mmm

2 comments:

Darling Nicki said...

I love Yael Naim and I love this song. She is beautiful.

Mallie Bee said...

I think that picture is the lead singer of A Fine Frenzy not Yael Naim