Thursday, July 9, 2009

Gravity


So I KNOW it is really really blogging 101 and cliche to post a video of a dance from Fox's So You Think You Can Dance and then comment on how deep and meanful it is.

I know it's trite.

But I cannot help myself this week.

I am not exaggerating when I say that this dance is the best dance I have EVER seen on five seasons of this show.

The concept is that Kayla is an addict and Kupono is her drug of choice. The emotion and message that this piece conveys is so heartbreaking and real. Just watching Kayla's face literally made me tear up.

I know that is super gay and art-schoolish of me but it really is beautifully tragic.

Kayla + Kupono + Mia Michaels + Sara Bareillis + Drugs = Genius



5 comments:

Brianna Jean said...

That dance made me cry, it was amazingly powerful!

your friend said...

Bry, I must agree.
This was one of, if not the, most powerful pieces I've ever seen on the show.

Mallie Bee said...

wow, that was uh-mazing! I usually dont watch that show because I cannot stand the female judge on there, but sometimes there are dance performance gems

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

Dude. You're totally not allowed to ever hang out with us. You're too hot and it wouldn't be fair. Plus, you watch a really gay show so you'll have THAT advantage with the ladies, as well.

If you ever come over, you have to bring at least 10 girls with you just to even things out.

Anonymous said...

By far this dance was my favorite of the night, season, and entire show! Mia is AMMMMAAAAZZZZZIIIIINGGG...and Kayla and Kupono were the best choices to dance it!