Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Steve.

The other morning I was the only one who was home in the house.

Evie (my yorkie) and I were sleeping in my room. Evie was curled up in a ball under the covers, pleased that it was my day off and I was spending it in bed with her.

My body had naturally woken up at 9 but I was determined to sleep in at least a couple more hours.

So I shut my eyes and pulled the cover tighter around me.

And that's when I heard him.




This is Steve.

He is my roommate's cat.

And he wants attention.

This morning he decided that he wanted to play with Evie, who was still asleep.

So he decided to come to my door and yell:

"Herooooooooooooooo?"

Over and over again.

This went on for a couple minutes before I snuck out of bed, making sure not to wake Evie up, and went over to the door.

I crouched down on my knees and looked under the door and this is what I found:




Poor Steve. All he wanted was to come inside.

He reached out to me:





He sat there for a good ten minutes doing this:


YouTube Video


It was sad but I didn't want to let him in and wake up Evie...




Too late. Evie was awake.

It was now pointless to keep him out. So I opened the door and he happily trotted in and got into bed with us.





How could I resist that face anyway.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

That is the cutest thing ever.